January 01, 2015 – December 31, 2015
300 Boylston Street – Unit #1005-1006, Boston, MA. : Back Bay
- The finest residence in the city! Spectacular views of the Public Garden and an amazing walk out terrace. The gracious floor plan offers an expansive living room, panel library with fireplace, elegant dining room with stone floor and fireplace, huge eat in kitchen which adjoins the family room, luxurious master bedroom with 2 baths and 2 well appointed dressing rooms and a beautiful guest suite. The amount of custom built ins and quality of finishes are un matched! The walk out terrace is huge with fabulous views. There is 67 feet of frontage on the Public Garden not including the landscape terrace. This is truly a once in the lifetime to enjoy city living at its finest! This property was listed by Daniel Mullin of Mullin Associates for $15,000,000 and sold in 73 by Tracy Campion of Campion & Company for $15,400,000.
101 Fernwood Road, Brookline, MA.
- Secluded single floor residence with gated drive set on a lush cul-de-sac. Designed by architect Adolfo Perez and built by renowned builder Thoughtforms Corporation to a level of excellence rarely experienced, this custom home features 10+ foot ceilings, six fireplaces, extensive built-ins, custom millwork, plus state-of-the art systems and technology. The sleek, Poggenpohl kitchen offers a large island and a butler’s pantry. There are five en suite bedrooms highlighted by a spectacular master wing with dressing room, sitting area, and spa bath set between the pond and the Zen garden. Other amenities include two offices, gym with sauna, convenient mudroom, heated screened porch, and heated four plus four space garages. Nearly 4 acres of grounds complemented by relaxing Zen garden, sparkling rare private pond, and heated pool with waterfall. This property was listed by Deborah Gordon of Coldwell Banker – Brookline for $18,000,000 and sold in 358 days by Terrence Maitland of LandVest, Inc. for $13,500,000.
255-257 Warren Street, Brookline, MA.
- Over time, as more and more land succumbs to development, it is becoming extremely rare to find large and intact estates within close proximity to Boston. Historic Homes is proud to present one such estate. This spectacular hilltop property on Green Hill was part of the country estate of Isabella Stewart Gardner and George Gardner III. The four bedroom Federal Style carriage house dates back to the early 1800’s and the main house was constructed in 1999. This magnificent property on over 4 acres offers the ease of gracious living, the beauty of rolling lawns, mature trees and stone walls in a setting of complete privacy minutes from Boston. Aside from its incredible setting, what sets this home apart from all others is the quality of the construction, the manner in which it fits the way we live and the visual pleasure it projects both inside and out. A large workout room and half court basketball gym are just a few of the many amenities of this 4+ acre estate. This property was listed by Michael Chamberlain of Historic Homes, Inc. for $16,250,000 and sold in 59 days by Michael Doherty of Citylife Real Estate for $11,800,000.
130 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA. : Back Bay
- A rare opportunity to own one of the finest luxury homes in the city of Boston. Situated on Back Bay’s toniest residential street, the exterior of 130 Commonwealth Avenue evokes the timeless elegance of 18th century Parisian architecture. Part of the famed “Commonwealth Sisters”, the home’s beautifully carved limestone façade stands apart from its brownstone neighbors. The finishes in the home were executed flawlessly in recent renovations by a skilled architect and artisans, whose attention to detail is stunning. Amenities of the home include 5 fireplaces, a 2,200 bottle wine cellar, a private elevator. With 12 total rooms, 5 bedrooms, 6 full bathrooms, 2 half bathrooms, and 6 parking spaces, this spectacular single family home is a true mansion in the heart of Back Bay. For the uncompromising buyer or a visionary developer, 130 Commonwealth Avenue offers a rare opportunity. This property was listed by William Montero of Gibson Sotheby’s for $14,500,000 and sold in 539 days by William as well for $11,600,000.
56 Beacon Street, Boston, MA. : Beacon Hill
- One-of-a-kind Beacon Hill townhouse overlooking Boston Common. Complete with elevator to all levels, 4-car heated garage, garden terrace and 2 decks, this 10,000 +/-SF home offers updated and luxurious family living in Boston’s most historic neighborhood. Beyond the stately entrance and formal dining room on the first level is the French country-style kitchen open to the family room with glassed-enclosed eating area overlooking the spacious bluestone terrace. The high parlor level features the grand double living room with adjacent wet bar, mahogany paneled study and private office. A total of 6+ beds and 6 full and 2 half baths include the spacious master with expansive closet and en-suite bath, as well as garden level au pair suite. Additional features include a media room, laundry on # different levels, 8 fireplaces and stunning period details that exude Beacon Hill charm. This property was listed by Tracy Campion of Campion & Company for $11,900,000 and sold in 27 days by Shelagh Brennan of Cabot & Company for $11,500,000.
13 Louisburg Square, Boston, MA. : Beacon Hill
- Palatial historic townhouse on Louisburg Square, one of the most prestigious of neighborhoods in the country. The Square itself is a serene oval park surrounded by an iron fence and accessible only by proprietors. With its exquisite detail, delicate moldings, graciously ample rooms, this house projects utmost elegance in living. The grand formal rooms are ideal for entertaining. A wonderful kitchen overlooks the garden, and a roof deck has dramatic views of Boston and the Charles River. Two exclusive parking spaces at the front door. This property was listed by Sally Brewster of Brewster & Berkowitz for $11,600,000 and sold in 12 days by Joshua Golden of Luzury Residential Group for $10,800,000.
67 Byron Street, Weston, MA.
- WOW! This contemporary masterpiece showcases decorative pieces incorporated into home construction by artists, whimsical humor in custom decor and sophisticated entertaining areas. With 19,000 sq. ft. of living space, 7.54 acres of expansive groomed emerald lawns and within minutes from downtown Boston, this home is definitely a “One of a Kind”. Impeccable detailing throughout with soaring ceilings, walls of glass, rotunda areas for art, materials from around the world and decorative focal points in every room. Entertaining spaces include: pool and pool house, in-home half basketball court, media room with seating for 16, interactive space ship arcade for playing video games, billiards and ping pong room, wine cellar, 2 guests suites, expansive granite patio and so much more… Do not miss the opportunity to see this extraordinary home. This property was listed by Richlen & Yates Team of Coldwell Banker – Weston for $17,000,000 and sold in 405 days by the Richlen Yates Team for $10,300,000.
305 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA. : Back Bay
- This Peabody and Stearns townhouse masterpiece is available for the first time in almost 30 years. Located on Commonwealth Avenue’s highly desirable Sunny Side, this expansive, 13,000+/- square foot home is rich in original detailing, containing graciously scaled formal entertaining rooms that remain a lasting testament to Gilded Age opulence. The home is currently configured with 9 bedrooms and a magnificent central staircase connecting the three main living and bedroom levels. A second staircase also connects to the expansive garden and top levels. Complete with an existing shaft for lift/potential elevator and parking court for two vehicles, this townhouse presents an exceptional opportunity in the heart of Back Bay. The sale will be conducted by a sealed bid process, and bids are due on Friday 10/30/2015 at noon. The property is to be sold as is and where is, and with all faults. This property was listed by Tracy Campion of Campion & Company for $12,500,000 and sold in 24 days by Tracy for $10,100,000.
20 Marlborough Street, Boston, MA. : Back Bay
- In the process of complete renovation, this four-plus bedroom home offers over 7,500 square feet of exceptional living space complete with elevator, roof deck and garage parking. Additional features include grandly scaled entertaining rooms with dramatic period details, open kitchen and family room, floor-through master suite, spacious study, au-pair suite/gym, six full and two half baths. This wonderful family home offers unbeatable proximity to the Public Garden and the shops and restaurants of Newbury and Charles Streets. 2 Garage parking and one outdoor. Completion date: August. This property was listed by Tracy Campion of Campion & Company for $9,500,000 and sold in 15 days by Dennis Woods of Liberty Tree Real Estate for $9,500,000.
410 Beacon Street, Boston, MA. : Back Bay
- This exquisite 5+ bedroom, 5 full and 3 half bath family home on Riverside Beacon displays a thoughtful combination of 21st century comfort and 19th century grandeur. With 8 fireplaces, wood paneled library, South-facing living room and gracious dining room, the home offers the very best in formal entertaining. Enjoy unrivaled city and Charles River views from 2 decks off the sky-lit rooftop mezzanine or retreat to the private garden off the spacious eat-in kitchen. Additional amenities include separate garden level suite with private entrance, elevator & 2 car garage with 2 additional parking outside. This property was listed by Tracy Campion of Campion & Company for $8,990,000 and sold in 88 days by Tracy for $8,500,000.